Emergency First Aid / AED & CPR
Emergency First Aid courses provides simple First Aid & CPR techniques taught in an interactive environment, for individuals who want an overview of Emergency First Aid & CPR for the home or workplace. The course covers skills needed to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies for adults, CPR, and other topics such as choking, airway and breathing emergencies and prevention of disease transmission.
RescueCPR training is consistent with standards established by the Canadian Red Cross, Lifesaving Society and Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. Includes the latest CPR guidelines approved by the WSIB.
Course: Emergency First Aid / AED & CPR
Duration: 8 hours
Cost: $95.00/ person
- Introduction to First Aid
- The scene and activating EMS/911
- Treatment of an unconscious adult, child, or baby with an obstructed airway
- Demonstrate one-rescuer adult, child, and baby cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- How to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Breathing Emergencies (asthma, hyperventilation & fainting)
- Circulatory Emergencies (heart attack & angina, stroke & TIA, bleeding & shock)
- Wound Care (Facial, abdominal and burns)